Claire Missingham is back on the podcast this week, and we’re talking about how she’s been using yoga and other natural healing modalities to manage a recent diagnosis of an autoimmune disease.
She tells us:
- How the grief of losing a yoga teacher in her community to suicide led her to start running, learn to swim (as an adult), and compete in marathons and triathlons
- How she became diagnosed with Lupus, and how she manages it through food, adaptogenic herbs, and other natural methods of healing
- Why she takes a freezing cold shower every morning before her yoga practice and wears a bikini in the snow!
- What herbs she found to be most helpful in her healing, travel, and daily life and why she says they’re worth every penny (Plus, she offers a few tips for stretching your dollar when buying and using herbs)
- How her diagnosis has impacted her asana practice and her thoughts on how yoga is always changing to meet her where she is
Claire Missingham’s Be-All-End-All Smoothie
A spoonful of chia seeds/flax seeds (grind yourself for better for absorption)
1 cup almond milk
1 scoop of coconut manna
½ tsp Maca
Protein powder – Hemp is good or Moon Juice Protein
½ tsp Tocotrienols – This is a powdered form of vitamin E that gives a creamy thickness
Scoop of Plant collagen – currently loving Anima Mundi Herbs
½ tsp Blue magik (blue spirulina)
1-2 Iodine drops for adrenal function
Pinch of Cinnamon – adaptogenic herb great for cutting sugar cravings
1 tsp He Shu Wu to help with oxytocin levels
Couple of dates (Note: Soak dates overnight then remove the outer skin. They are covered in mold spores!)
No ice cubes, keep at room temp, add water as required.
Pop into machine and whizz up, drink immediately
Subscribe via: iTunes | Acast | RSS
RECOMMENDED AND RELATED LINKS
Claire Missingham on Yogaland Podcast Episode 13
WRITE A YOGA PODCAST REVIEW
If you like the podcast, please leave a review or rating on iTunes! It makes it easier for others to find the podcast. If you don’t know how to leave a review, here are some step by step instructions. Woohoo! So easy!
SHOUT-OUT TO OUR SPONSORS
- I love cooking but even I get tired of the grind day after day. One thing that’s helped me immensely is Sunbasket meal delivery service — they offer organic produce and clean ingredients and many different types of meal plans. Their food is so delicious and I LOVE how creative they are! Go to sunbasket.com/yogaland to get $35 off your first order.
- LOLA is a female-founded company offering 100organic cotton tampons, pads, and liners. For every purchase, LOLA donates feminine care products to homeless shelters across the U.S. For 40% off all subscriptions, visit mylola.com and enter the code YOGALAND when you subscribe.
- Truth: I am not a perfume gal. They’re usually too cloying for me and I don’t trust that the ingredients are safe. But I’m in love with the scents created by Skylar Body. They’re vegan and never tested on animals. And they’re free of parabens, phthalates, and other potentially harmful chemicals and they smell so amazing. To see which scent you like best, you can try the Skylar sample palette with free shipping plus earn a $20 credit towards your next full-sized perfume purchase, visit Skylar.com/yogaland.