If you haven’t been directly impacted by addiction, there’s a good chance you know someone who has.
Today’s guest, Nikki Myers, a yoga therapist and the founder of Y12SR (Yoga of 12-Step Recovery), shares how yoga has helped with her personal struggles with addiction and helped thousands of people through Y12SR.
Even if you’ve never been touched personally by addiction, her insights and advice apply to anyone who’s had to overcome a challenge in life.
You’ll learn about:
- Nikki Myer’s personal road to recovery, what she learned along the way, and how yoga helped her heal
- Why an important part of practicing yoga is embracing ALL sides of yourself, and why it’s important not to deny or hide the things you’re less proud of
- How the 12-step program is similar to yoga and why yoga is such a great complement to the 12 steps
- Nikki and Andrea share their thoughts on the opioid crisis and how, as bad as things are, the good that has come from it : It’s forcing government officials and the healthcare establishment to take a look at the emotional side behind the disease of addiction
- What co-dependency really is and how it relates to addiction
RECOMMENDED AND RELATED LINKS
WRITE A YOGA PODCAST REVIEW
If you like the podcast, please leave a review or rating on iTunes! It makes it easier for others to find the podcast. If you don’t know how to leave a review, here are some step by step instructions. Woohoo! So easy!
SHOUT-OUT TO OUR SPONSORS
- I love cooking but even I get tired of the grind day after day. One thing that’s helped me immensely is Sunbasket meal delivery service — they offer organic produce and clean ingredients and many different types of meal plans. Their food is so delicious and I LOVE how creative they are! Go to sunbasket.com/yogaland to get $35 off your first order.
- LOLA is a female-founded company offering 100organic cotton tampons, pads, and liners. For every purchase, LOLA donates feminine care products to homeless shelters across the U.S. For 40% off all subscriptions, visit mylola.com and enter the code YOGALAND when you subscribe.
- Care/of is a monthly subscription vitamin service made from high, quality ingredients personally tailored to your exact needs. Their short quiz asks you about your diet, health goals, and lifestyle choices and uses these answers to create personalized vitamin packs just for you. For 25% off your first month of personalized care/of vitamins, visit takecareof.com and enter promo code YOGALAND.