You want to leave your yoga audition with a big fist pumped saying, “Nailed it,” right? This week’s episode can help — Jason gets real about how to ride the waves of the modern yoga job audition, where you get a very short amount of time to showcase your skills, your approach, and your personality. He offers his thoughts as well as some commiseration.
Here’s an overview of what we cover:
- The one thing that the yoga teacher hiring manager is likely looking for from yoga teacher auditions
- Keep it simple. Give a few solid instructions for each pose, take your time, and make contact with the students.
- How to handle nerves and step into the role of the teacher, even when you don’t feel confident
- What to do if you don’t get the job + some encouragement for yoga teachers who are in the process of establishing themselves
RECOMMENDED AND RELATED LINKS
WRITE A YOGA PODCAST REVIEW
If you like the podcast, please leave a review or rating on iTunes! It makes it easier for others to find the podcast. If you don’t know how to leave a review, here are some step by step instructions. Woohoo! So easy!
SHOUT-OUT TO OUR SPONSORS
- Stitchfix makes it possible for you to have a professional stylist curate your everyday look.When you complete your style profile, an expert stylist will pick out 5 items and send them to you based on your style and preferences. Choose between automatic shipments or get a box on demand. For an extra 25% off when you purchase all the pieces in your box, visit Stitchfix.com/yogaland today.
- Cirkul is a water bottle and flavor cartridge system that lets you can choose how much or little flavor you want added to your water. So, you’re getting hydrated without added sugar, artificial flavors or colors. There are 30 flavors, and each flavor cartridge is good for six full sized bottles of water. Right now you can get your own Cirkul water bottle plus two flavor cartridges for $5 by going to drinkcirkul.com/yogaland and entering promo code YOGALAND.
- AUrate is a fine jewelry company made in New York City that was founded by women for women. They sell jewelry directly to the consumer, which keeps the quality high and the prices reasonable. For 15 % off your first purchase, go to AUratenewyork.com/yogaland and use promo code YOGALAND
- We Love You (And So Can You) is a new podcast by Stitcher, a spin off on the show By the Book On the show, they send listeners on their own self help journey and they bring us around for the ride. Tune in at the end of this episode for a bonus episode of We Love You (And So Can You) or subscribe now on Stitcher, Apple Podcasts, or anywhere you get your podcasts.