If you’re confused by the new standards for yoga teachers set forth by Yoga Alliance recently, you aren’t alone.
This week, I invited Yoga Alliance President and Chief Executive Officer Shannon Roche to clear up some of the confusion. She talks candidly about how the organization came to its conclusions and what changes we can expect to see the coming years.
She also answers some tough questions about how the organization plans to create value for the yoga schools and teachers, the operating budget, as well as the policy on sexual misconduct.
Here’s a more detailed overview:
- Shannon addresses some of the biggest criticisms of Yoga Alliance and shares how the organization is trying to offer more value to yoga teachers
- What specific benefits Yoga Alliance offers to yoga teacher members, including partnerships and advocacy with governments looking to regulate the business side of yoga
- What was the new standards review process, how did YA involve yoga teachers, and how they chose which teachers to include in the process
- Shannon explains the new standards, and talks about how YA plans to keep schools and teachers accountable to the new standards.
- What YA is doing to address issues with power abuse, sexual harassment, and other ethical violations within the yoga community
- Plus, Shannon answers the most commonly asked listener questions
RECOMMENDED AND RELATED LINKS
List of teachers included in the review process: YAstandards.com
Yoga Alliance’s grievance accountability team: email@example.com
WRITE A YOGA PODCAST REVIEW
If you like the podcast, please leave a review or rating on iTunes! It makes it easier for others to find the podcast. If you don’t know how to leave a review, here are some step by step instructions. Woohoo! So easy!
SHOUT-OUT TO OUR SPONSORS
Stitchfix makes it possible for you to have a professional stylist curate your everyday look.When you complete your style profile, an expert stylist will pick out 5 items and send them to you based on your style and preferences. Choose between automatic shipments or get a box on demand. For an extra 25% off when you purchase all the pieces in your box, visit Stitchfix.com/yogaland today.