All yoga teachers have their off days. Even those who are as experienced as Jason. This week, Jason’s back on the podcast to share his insights on how to recover from those times when a yoga class you’re teaching just doesn’t work out the way you’d hoped it would.
- Why the class you’re teaching probably isn’t going as badly as you think
- One thing to be mindful of when you are in the midst of teaching a less than stellar class. (This is what Jason says he struggles with most.)
- Two practical things you can do during class to handle anxiety that might come with feeling like you’re teaching a bad class
- The most important thing to do after you’re finished teaching a class you feel wasn’t up to par
- Plus, a pep talk for teachers who think they’re students aren’t engaged or, worse!, pack up and leave in the middle of class.
RECOMMENDED AND RELATED LINKS
WRITE A YOGA PODCAST REVIEW
If you like the podcast, please leave a review or rating on iTunes! It makes it easier for others to find the podcast. If you don’t know how to leave a review, here are some step by step instructions. Woohoo! So easy!
SHOUT-OUT TO OUR SPONSORS
KIND snacks are created with real, wholesome ingredients. They never use high fructose corn syrup and you’ll never find artificial sweeteners or added sugar alcohols in their snacks. You can also build a custom variety pack with your favorite bars at KINDsnacks.com. To get 25% off your build your own box when you start a subscribe to the Kind snack club, the Kind subscription service. Visit KindSnacks.com/Yogaland plus use the code YOGALAND to get two free kind minis with your order.
OfferingTree is one of those tools that just makes your life easier as a yoga professional from creating your own website, managing your classes and students and helping you actually build your business through email marketing and content creation. It really understands the pain points of building a business as a yoga professional so you can focus on what you love to do most, not the business and technology stuff that gets in the way. Go to OfferingTree.com/Yogaland and get 20% off your first six months.
Babbel is designed to quickly get you speaking your new language within weeks with daily 10 to 15 minute lessons Right now, Babbel is offering Yogaland listeners three months free with a purchase of a three month subscription with promo code YOGALAND. Go to Babbel.com and use promo code YOGALAND when you sign up for your subscription.