Faith Hunter is a yoga and meditation teacher based in Washington, DC. Faith is the founder of a yoga studio in DC called Embrace Yoga and she’s also the founder of her philosophy, Spiritually Fly.
On this episode, Faith generously shares the story of losing her older brother, Michael, to complications from HIV. Faith and I talk about how time, therapy, patience, and yoga helped her move through the grieving process. It’s a really moving, honest account and I admire Faith’s resilience and openness.
For those of you grieving right now, I know that the holidays can intensify difficult feelings. And for those of you who simply feel lonely or pressure to be joyful when you’re just not feeling it, I hope this podcast helps you feel a little bit less alone in the world.
Subscribe via: iTunes | Acast | RSS
RECOMMENDED & RELATED LINKS
Practice with Faith Online
WRITE A REVIEW
If you like the podcast, please leave a review or rating on iTunes! It makes it easier for others to find the podcast. If you don’t know how to leave a review, here are some step by step instructions. Woohoo! So easy!
SHOUTOUT TO OUR SPONSORS
- We all go through busy times where it can feel like a challenge to eat well. One thing that’s helped me is Sunbasket meal delivery service. Go to sunbasket.com/yogaland to get $35 off your first order.
- Care/Of is a new, online vitamin company that is devoted to personalization and authenticity in its sourcing. Set your health goals, take their quiz, and they’ll give you vitamin, mineral, and adaptogen recommendations. Visit takecareof.com and use offer code YOGALAND at checkout for 50% off your first month of vitamins.
- To my women listeners out there – have you tried Lola yet? LOLA is a female-founded company offering organic cotton tampons, pads, and liners. For 60% off your first order, visit mylola.com and enter the code YOGALAND when you subscribe.
- Treehut is a team of inspired designers and creators building unique wooden watches with personalized engravings. For 15% off your first order, visit treehutwatches.com/yogaland and enter the promo code YOGALAND at checkout. Offer expires December 31st.
- Storyworth makes it easy and fun for loved ones to tell their stories. Simply purchase a subscription for someone you love and each week Storyworth will send them a question about their life. After a year, stories are bound in a beautiful book. For $20 off, visit storyworth.com/yogaland when you subscribe.
- Zola is a new online wedding company that’s reinventing wedding planning and the registry process. Plus, there’s an app for your Ipad, iphone and AppleWatch – check and update your registry in real-time. For $50 credit toward your registry, visit zola.com/yogaland