Judith Hanson Lasater and her daughter, Lizzie Lasater, have been on the podcast separately before. On episodes 64 & 65 I focused on their backgrounds and on the mother-daughter connection. This time, I wanted back up and simply ask the question, “Why restorative yoga?” Why now? And why isn’t “regular” hatha yoga restorative enough? One response, in particular, surprised me — seeing restorative yoga as a radical act of self care in a society that’s so filled with aggression and violence.
RECOMMENDED & RELATED LINKS
Restore & Rebalance: Yoga for Deep Relaxation, by Judith Hanson Lasater, PhD, PT
WRITE A YOGA PODCAST REVIEW
If you like the podcast, please leave a review or rating on iTunes! It makes it easier for others to find the podcast. If you don’t know how to leave a review, here are some step by step instructions. Woohoo! So easy!
SHOUTOUT TO OUR SPONSORS
- Did you know that you can save money on your life insurance just because you do yoga? Health IQ is an insurance company that helps yogis get lower rates on their life insurance. To see if you qualify, get your free quote today at healthiq.com/yogaland or mention the promo code YOGALAND when you talk to a Health IQ agent.
- We all go through busy times where it can feel like a challenge to eat well. One thing that’s helped me is Sunbasket meal delivery service. Go to sunbasket.com/yogaland to get $35 off your first order.
- Care/Of is a new, online vitamin company that is devoted to personalization and authenticity in its sourcing. Set your health goals, take their quiz, and they’ll give you vitamin, mineral, and adaptogen recommendations. They also include sourcing information and studies to give you background on your choices. I’ve had fun trying them out! Visit takecareof.com and use offer code YOGALAND at checkout for 50% off your first month of vitamins.
- To my women listeners out there – have you tried Lola yet? LOLA is a female-founded company offering organic cotton tampons, pads, and liners. For 60% off your first order, visit mylola.com and enter the code YOGALAND when you subscribe.
- Storyworth makes it easy and fun for loved ones to tell their stories. Simply purchase a subscription for someone you love and each week Storyworth will send them a question about their life. After a year, stories are bound in a beautiful book. For $20 off, visit storyworth.com/yogaland when you subscribe.