If you have a body and you do yoga, chances are you will sustain some sort of injury at some point. It can be disheartening, confusing, and overwhelming. It can also be a great opportunity for you to learn more about your anatomy, your personal limitations, and your habitual mental patterns (Who me? Push myself???).
On this week’s episode, Jason and I talk about yoga injuries. My initial interest in talking to Jason about this is because, contrary to popular practice, he does not ask people about their injuries before class. Yep, you heard that correctly. So, I ask him to explain this and we cover lots of other aspects, too, including:
- How to discern between stretching sensations and pain that’s injurious
- The benefit of pushing to your edge on the yoga mat
- Whether or not hands-on adjustments are really necessary in the yoga room
- How Jason addresses students’ injuries before class.
- Why Jason doesn’t say that he teaches “therapeutic yoga”