Yoga and meditation teacher Tias Little returns to the podcast this week. (Tias joined me on episode 102 to talk about perfectionism). On today’s episode, we talk about how our culture of speed affects us holistically and why it’s important–but also challenging–to slow down.
- The new book that Tias is working on and how it’s different from other projects he’s worked on
- Why, from a spiritual perspective, moving fast and checking things off of a to-do list is the opposite of progress
- Which parts of the body are most impacted by our go-go-go culture
- What we need to do to feel like we have more time, both on a personal level and as a collective
- How Tias applies the lessons of slowing down to his asana practice
RECOMMENDED AND RELATED LINKS
Episode 102: Techniques for Reframing Perfectionism with Tias Little
Practice with Tias Little on Glo.com
Tias Little at LoveStoryYoga in San Francisco
Waking the Tiger, Healing Trauma by Peter A. Levine
WRITE A YOGA PODCAST REVIEW
If you like the podcast, please leave a review or rating on iTunes! It makes it easier for others to find the podcast. If you don’t know how to leave a review, here are some step by step instructions. Woohoo! So easy!
SHOUT-OUT TO OUR SPONSORS
- LOLA is a female-founded company offering 100 organic cotton tampons, pads, and liners. For every purchase, LOLA donates feminine care products to homeless shelters across the U.S. For 40% off all subscriptions, visit mylola.com and enter the code YOGALAND40 when you subscribe.
- Care/of is a monthly subscription vitamin service made from high, quality ingredients personally tailored to your exact needs. Their short quiz asks you about your diet, health goals, and lifestyle choices and uses these answers to create personalized vitamin packs just for you. For 50% off your first month of personalized care/of vitamins, visit takecareof.com and enter promo code YOGALAND50.