This is our first-ever live podcast recording! From Jason’s training in San Francisco at Love Story Yoga, we dig deep into how yoga teachers can serve their students better through offering hands-on, or manual, yoga adjustments.
We offer yoga adjustment tips and talk about:
- The value of hands-on adjustments in yoga postures for students, and which students might benefit most.
- Why Jason feels there should be a paradigm shift in the way teachers deliver manual adjustments and what that shift should be.
- Ways to approach adjusting super flexible students, tighter students, and those middle-of-the-road students + why it’s important to give them all equal attention in class.
- Practical advice teachers can implement right now to offer safer, more skillful adjustments that informs their experience of the posture.
Subscribe via: iTunes | Acast | RSS
RECOMMENDED AND RELATED LINKS
Common Errors in Manual Adjustments — and How to Fix Them
Episode 93: Ending Sexual Abuse in the Yoga Community — A Conversation with Mary Taylor and Judith Hanson Lasater
WRITE A REVIEW
If you like the podcast, please leave a review or rating on iTunes! It makes it easier for others to find the podcast. If you don’t know how to leave a review, here are some step by step instructions. Woohoo! So easy!
SHOUTOUT TO OUR SPONSORS
- Mahabis sell incredibly comfortable, Scandinavian-inspired slippers with unique detachable soles. The detachable soles clip on and off easily, so you can even wear your slippers outdoors, or to and from your yoga class! Head to mahabis.com to buy your pair today. Use code YOGALAND for 10% off and free shipping worldwide.
- RxBar are protein bars made from 100% whole foods. That means RxBars do not contain artificial flavors, colors, preservatives or fillers. They also do not contain added sugar. They’re also delicious! For 25% off your first order, visit RXBAR.com/yogaland and enter the promo code YOGALAND at checkout.
- Freshly is the easiest and most convenient way to eat healthy no matter what life throws your way. Freshly’s chef create delicious gluten-free meals delivered fresh to your door. Every single meal comes with a detailed overview of each ingredient in the meal. Get $25 off your first order of 6 fresh-cooked dinners by going to freshly.com/yogaland
- To my women listeners out there – have you tried Lola yet? LOLA is a female-founded company offering organic cotton tampons, pads, and liners. For 40% off your first order, visit mylola.com and enter the code YOGALAND40 when you subscribe.