This week on the podcast, we continue our conversation with Jill Miller to learn even more about the mysterious (and amazing!) connective tissue that literally holds our bodies together, fascia.
We learn more about:
- What the three different layers of fascia are, how each layer functions, and why each one is important
- Where in your own body you can feel the different textures of fascia
- What happens to the fascia when you stretch your muscles
- How to use tools like therapy balls, a yoga mat, or even a hard wood floor to create awareness from the skin to the deep fascia (Hint: Less is more)
- Whether rolling on therapy balls is more effective before or after exercise
RECOMMENDED AND RELATED LINKS
What You Need to Know about Your IT Band by Jill Miller
Fascia: What It Is and Why It Matters, by David Lesondak
More About Yoga Tune Up®: www.tuneupfitness.com/yogatuneup
WRITE A YOGA PODCAST REVIEW
If you like the podcast, please leave a review or rating on iTunes! It makes it easier for others to find the podcast. If you don’t know how to leave a review, here are some step by step instructions. Woohoo! So easy!