This week, I talk to Katherine Priore Ghannam all about yoga for kids and her innovative program Headstand, which offered yoga to low-income K-12 schools around San Francisco.
We cover some of the lessons Katherine learned from starting her passion project from scratch, and why it’s oh-so-beneficial to introduce yoga and mindfulness in schools.
Whether you’re interested in sharing yoga with kids or just need some inspiration to keep working toward your goals, this episode is for you.
We talk about:
- The story of how Headstand got its start (and why she kept at it despite many of the kids initial resistance)
- Why she designed the yoga program as part of the school curriculum
- How she uses the techniques she’s learned teaching school children into her own family
- Practical tips for how to introduce yoga to children at different ages
RECOMMENDED AND RELATED LINKS
Yoga for Kids and Their Grown Ups: 100+ Fun Yoga and Mindfulness Activities to Practice Together by Katherine Ghannam
Episode 16: Katherine Priore – Combatting Toxic Stress in Low-Income Schools
WRITE A YOGA PODCAST REVIEW
If you like the podcast, please leave a review or rating on iTunes! It makes it easier for others to find the podcast. If you don’t know how to leave a review, here are some step by step instructions. Woohoo! So easy!
SHOUT-OUT TO OUR SPONSORS
- LOLA is a female-founded company offering 100 organic cotton tampons, pads, and liners. For every purchase, LOLA donates feminine care products to homeless shelters across the U.S. For 40% off all subscriptions, visit mylola.com and enter the code YOGALAND40 when you subscribe.
- If you’re like me and you wear your gym or yoga clothes 6 or 7 days a week, you want to look put together. My life has changed since Fabletics became a sponsor of the podcast. Their styles are super adorable and affordable. Get two pairs of leggings for $24 when you sign up to be a VIP. Go to fabletics.com/YOGALAND to take advantage of this deal, get exclusive discounts, and more.
- Warby Parker offers boutique glasses at a revolutionary price. Glasses start at $95, including prescription lenses. Lens options include anti-glare, anti-scratch coatings, and even blue light filtering coatings. Download the Warby Parker app on your iPhoneX to try on glasses virtually. Or, get 5 pairs shipped directly to you so you can try them on in person with the In-Home Try On Kit. To order your free in-home try on kit, go to WarbyParker.com/Yogaland.