Being a yoga teacher takes skill, knowledge, dedication, and often, perseverance. But you can have all of those things in spades and never quite earn enough money teaching group classes to be financially secure. Not to mention, racing from one studio to the next teaching group classes can be draining—both physically and mentally. One way to avoid this kind of burnout and bolster a your income is to find a few regular private yoga clients—something Jason enjoyed doing for many years. In this episode, Jason shares his best advice for both the business and methodology of teaching yoga privates.
- Why it’s important to diversify the ways that you teach, both for business reasons and to help you avoid burn-out
- How teaching private yoga sessions can build your skill set as a yoga teacher
- How to start finding private students and how to price those sessions
- How to help students set goals and structure sessions around that
- A few ground rules to put into place before you take on a new private client
RECOMMENDED AND RELATED LINKS
WRITE A YOGA PODCAST REVIEW
If you like the podcast, please leave a review or rating on iTunes! It makes it easier for others to find the podcast. If you don’t know how to leave a review, here are some step by step instructions. Woohoo! So easy!
SHOUT-OUT TO OUR SPONSORS
- Women shouldn’t have to compromise when it comes to feminine products. And, with Lola, there are no compromises. Lola products are 100 percent natural, made of 100 percent organic cotton with no added chemicals, fragrances, synthetics, or dyes. Plus, they now offer new hypoallergenic cleansing wipes. Their online subscription service is fully customizable, so it’s one less thing to worry about. For 40 percent off all subscriptions, visit Mylola.com and enter code YOGALAND40 when you subscribe.
- Betabrand is an innovative brand of pants based right up the road from me in San Francisco. These dress yoga pants are made of a thicker, wrinkle-resistant fabric than yoga pants, so they are dressy enough for work, but are comfortable and stretchy enough for yoga class. They come in several different styles and colors so you’re sure to find a pair that suits your lifestyle and look. For get 20% off your dress pant yoga pants visit betabrand.com/yogaland today.