We’ve gotten many questions recently about teacher training that we decided to do an episode that answers common questions. Doing a yoga teacher training is a huge investment — both financially and in terms of your time. It can be a wonderfully transformative experience, but it’s worth doing your research and thinking about what is going to best meet your needs.
Jason and I talk about:
- Whether you should stick with a local teacher or travel to do a training with a well-known teacher (his answer might surprise you).
- Considerations in terms of format — monthlong intensive? two week modules? six months of weekends?
- How vital it is to continue your education even after completing a foundational 200-hour training
- Are there different things to consider if you just want to deepen your practice vs. wanting to teach?
- Plus, we talk about what types of information and skills an advanced 300-hour training can provide.
Last thing: We are in the midst of content development and would love to know what you’d like to see more of, so we created a super quick 6-question survey. We’d love it if you’d spend a minute of your time offering us feedback! Take the survey here.
WRITE A REVIEW
If you like the podcast, please leave a review or rating on iTunes! I’m learning that it really does help others find it and it helps me to know which episodes resonate with you! You can also follow me on Twitter @yogalandpodcast.